Welcome to Luton Town - Football262

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stockport Hatter

New contract for Nathan

43 posts in this topic
25 minutes ago, ODTT said:

Can't help but think that that miserable post is going to come back and bite you in the arse Wimbo.

If I thought for one moment Wimbo was serious I'd agree OD - what does concern me however is your use of the word "arse". The word "arse" is not favoured here on 262, please for future reference bare in mind that we much prefer to use a much more acceptable term like "gluteus maximus".

3 people like this

7 hours ago, Wimbohatter said:

Just being a touch contrarian and maybe tongue in cheek, but why are supporters expressing such joy regarding Nathan’s new contract when his old contract ran until 2018?

• Is it for his building fortress Kenilworth Road, the ground all L2 team fear? Well, probably not.
  • Is it the entertaining brand of football we play at home? Well, probably not.
  • Is it our respect to his loyalty to playing out of form players? Well, possibly, loyalty is a great thing.
  • Is it in admiration for flirting with automatic promotion on a financial shoestring in a similar way to Exeter, Stevenage and Carlisle? Well, in all honesty, that’s hardly the case.
  • Is it because of his passion? Well, yes, I understand that one: the ability to self-administer CPR after a win is a skill.

So, as I say, just having a little fun but why the elation compared to say waiting until January 2018 to extend?

One wee note in Nathan's defence. Are you aware Bill ? - I think many are NOT, that we have actually won more home games this season (8) than away (7).

Though I whole heartily 100% agree - away PERFORMANCES are far more pleasing  to the eye.  

8 minutes ago, Greeno said:

Bill Shankley.

No he didn't neighbour, it was Bill SHANKLY :P

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, lutonloyal said:

No he didn't neighbour, it was Bill SHANKLY :P

Cor.

Greeno dropped an e.

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, Greeno said:

Bill Shankley.

Really, good god!

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, LTFCMick said:

If I thought for one moment Wimbo was serious I'd agree OD - what does concern me however is your use of the word "arse". The word "arse" is not favoured here on 262, please for future reference bare in mind that we much prefer to use a much more acceptable term like "gluteus maximus".

I'm not sure i want to 'bare in mind' considering the subject matter Mick!

1 hour ago, ODTT said:

Can't help but think that that miserable post is going to come back and bite you in the arse Wimbo.

Do chill out a touch ODTT, you are far too sensitive for a silly internet footy site, but there again maybe you feel our home form has surpassed your expectations!

35 minutes ago, LTFCMick said:

Blimey Mick, are you on that Benidorm Babycham export already!

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, lutonloyal said:

One wee note in Nathan's defence. Are you aware Bill ? - I think many are NOT, that we have actually won more home games this season (8) than away (7).

Though I whole heartily 100% agree - away PERFORMANCES are far more pleasing  to the eye.  

Yes, I know Al and my post was just for a bit of fun. I have attended all of the away victories and give full credit to Nathan for organising our team in a far more robust way away from home than we have seen in recent seasons. I just wish Nathan & Co could be a touch smarter at home; hopefully, it will happen maybe next season.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, LTFCMick said:

That's as maybe, but it takes a lot longer to type that someone is being a bit of a gluteus maximus hole.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, ODTT said:

Really, good god!

I really have no idea, I just wanted to see how easy it is, easier than I thought.

I think you'll find that should be God, when addressing a believer.

9 hours ago, Wimbohatter said:

Do chill out a touch ODTT, you are far too sensitive for a silly internet footy site, but there again maybe you feel our home form has surpassed your expectations!

Haha, don't worry Wimbo, I won't be hoisting my petticoats and going off to start a 'competitive' blog... 

34 minutes ago, Greeno said:

I really have no idea, I just wanted to see how easy it is, easier than I thought.

I think you'll find that should be God, when addressing a believer.

Still a few worshipping Shankly!

Just now, ODTT said:

Still a few worshipping Shankly!

Ha ha grand response.

6 hours ago, ProudHattersince74 said:

That's as maybe, but it takes a lot longer to type that someone is being a bit of a gluteus maximus hole.

When has 'taking a lot longer to type' ever been an issue to you??

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Greeno said:

Bill Shankley.

Not sure if Mark Lawrenson played under Bill Shankly but obviously benefitted from his influence. Remember Lawrenson saying that in his day that 'there were a few things to sort out with the opponents before the proper game starts'. Think that included a few intimidatory scything tackles.

1 minute ago, lizard said:

Not sure if Mark Lawrenson played under Bill Shankly but obviously benefitted from his influence. Remember Lawrenson saying that in his day that 'there were a few things to sort out with the opponents before the proper game starts'. Think that included a few intimidatory scything tackles.

Tommy Smith.

'nuff said.

4 minutes ago, Greeno said:

Tommy Smith.

'nuff said.

Jimmy Greaves in his after dinner speaking role said: His biggest achievement in football was once winning a 50/50 tackle with Tommy Smith. Jimmy then said that he spent the rest of the game in his own half.

1 person likes this