Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Admin

news
New features in the process of being created

32 posts in this topic

When the site moved to its new home, it came with a few new features such as tables, fixtures and results and a few more. The plan was to expand on them with the information I could gather from that particular data provider.

A few weeks back I started looking around for a more in depth data provider. I found one, and since then have been working on the server grabbing the data. Its stilla work in progress but some of the main areas of data have been setup so that it stores to the server and once its incorporated into the site here, you will be able to see it in its entirety.

I will update this with the data feeds that I have done.

The list of available data feeds are:

Match Events (the main events of the match)

Goals
Cards
Substitutions

Match Stats

shots_off_target
shots_on_target
shots_total
fouls_total
corners_total
offsides_total
possesion
yellowcards
redcards
saves
throw_in_total

Commentaries - not available for all leagues (think only Prem, Champ and League One)

[body] => Attempt saved. Leroy Fer (Swansea City) header from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Kyle Naughton with a cross.
[is_goal] => 0
[important] => 0
[minute] => 89
[extra_minute] =>
[team_id] => 378

[body] => Jordi Amat (Swansea City) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
[is_goal] => 0
[important] => 0
[minute] => 89
[extra_minute] =>
[team_id] => 378

There is a list of data provided here:

• Livescores covers all matches from 30 minutes before kick off and 180 minutes after its finished
  • Matches
  • Events
  • Competitions
  • Seasons
  • Results
  • Teams
  • Commentaries
  • Statistics
  • Standings
  • Videos - Video highlights of the game, such as goals (not sure what divisions are covered yet, and if all events are shown)
  • Players
  • Coaches
  • Chairman
  • Venues
  • Top Scorers

Have just finished getting the lineups data task running, so its all now being stored to the server. Will add team lineups to the site if and when I can get it working. Be nice for the built in match reports. Not only does it provide the lineups, but it also provides individual player stats (accuracy of these I am not too sure about as I am not supplying the data, just using it). Also not sure what leagues are covered by the individual stats, as looking at the last Luton home game, they don't have them. I know they cover League One and up pretty well, and am trying to get them to consider providing more for league Two. Either that or get yourselves promoted :P

[0] => stdClass Object
    (
        [match_id] => 686931
        [team_id] => 416
        [player_id] => 18846
        [player_name] => Christian Walton
        [position] => Goalkeeper
        [shirt_number] => 1
        [assists] => 0
        [fouls_commited] => 0
        [fouls_drawn] => 0
        [goals] => 0
        [offsides] => 0
        [missed_penalties] => 0
        [scored_penalties] => 0
        [posx] => 1
        [posy] => 3
        [redcards] => 0
        [saves] => 0
        [shots_on_goal] => 0
        [shots_total] => 0
        [yellowcards] => 0
        [type] => selection
    )

[1] => stdClass Object
    (
        [match_id] => 686931
        [team_id] => 416
        [player_id] => 19495
        [player_name] => Scott Cuthbert
        [position] => CD
        [shirt_number] => 6
        [assists] => 0
        [fouls_commited] => 0
        [fouls_drawn] => 0
        [goals] => 0
        [offsides] => 0
        [missed_penalties] => 0
        [scored_penalties] => 0
        [posx] => 2
        [posy] => 3
        [redcards] => 0
        [saves] => 0
        [shots_on_goal] => 0
        [shots_total] => 0
        [yellowcards] => 0
        [type] => selection
    )

[2] => stdClass Object
    (
        [match_id] => 686931
        [team_id] => 416
        [player_id] => 79627
        [player_name] => Alan Sheehan
        [position] => CD-L
        [shirt_number] => 44
        [assists] => 0
        [fouls_commited] => 0
        [fouls_drawn] => 0
        [goals] => 0
        [offsides] => 0
        [missed_penalties] => 0
        [scored_penalties] => 0
        [posx] => 2
        [posy] => 1
        [redcards] => 0
        [saves] => 0
        [shots_on_goal] => 0
        [shots_total] => 0
        [yellowcards] => 0
        [type] => selection
    )

With the Pos X and Pos Y, although there are a few issues with it currently that I have let the providers know about, it could be used to provide an actual pitch image of the lineup.

The accuracy can't be any worse than the BBC.

Having a look at the team match stats they provide, of the games I checked, they were exactly the same as those reported by Sky Sports. So can't be too bad :P 

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing it

You and me both, not looking forward to all the hours I get to spend finishing grabbing the data, then designing the whole thing to fit into the site. Today for example I have been working on the line ups, I wrote the script, which took about 15 minutes or so, run it, and nothing.....I of course blamed the server for all the issues, as there was nothing at all wrong with my code :P then spent the following 4 hours going over it with a fine tooth comb and re-writing the code, doing it one step of the code after the other to find out where the fault was. Turned out I had put in 1 word too many on 1 small section. That 1 word cost me 4 hours lol, I just couldn't find it, I mean it didn't even look wrong, even with the word there, it looked perfectly fine.

But even though I am not looking forward to putting in the hours, it will be worth it in the end. Not only for those who would use that sort of feature, but also for me personally, as I enjoy playing around with the coding side of things and learning new things all the time. Two years ago, I would have looked at this little project and thought, nah, haven't a clue about any of that.

I know the feeling.  I wrote a program for BT and I couldn't get it working. then 3 days later found I had missed a comma out.  Computers are so fussy!!!

Commentaries are now being stored on the database, up to now, only matches being played were stored, so had to do it so it would also get past matches as well.

commentary2.png

The commentaries give minute by minute action on league games, I believe full commentary is available from League One and up, not currently League Two, they do however get important events like yellows, reds, goals, and substitution commentaries.

Each comment has the minute, and if in added time, the extra minute of the event. Each comment is tagged with the team it is talking about, although generic comments such as half time, is tagged with the home team id.

Another set of information now being stored is the events. These are similar to the commentaries but only store the important events, such as yellows, reds, goals, substitutions. These can be handy when doing something like we already have here in the match report, of a timeline of events.

events.png

With goal events, they can also provide the player who assisted in the goal.

eventdb.png

Are you able to extract pieces of this data to use them to automate prediction leagues?

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Are you able to extract pieces of this data to use them to automate prediction leagues?

It should be possible, I am already storing squad list data, so for example the bobbermans league, the selection of goal scorers could be possible using drop down menus, then after the game has finished, it can check against the event data to see who scored.

Something else to work on when the rest has been sorted out.

Here is an example of the player data being stored. Its still storing just the player details at the moment, I have to store squad list data as well to use it properly.

players.png

We'll have to get the thumbs screws out to get a volunteer to tell us when their club sign and get rid of players to keep it up to date

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

We'll have to get the thumbs screws out to get a volunteer to tell us when their club sign and get rid of players to keep it up to date

Its automatic, it checks every day for the squad list

Just added the team_id to the player list which will allow me to grab the players for an individual team. So a squad list.

Some players also have their position data available. So have added those too.

players2.png

4 hours ago, Admin said:

Just added the team_id to the player list which will allow me to grab the players for an individual team. So a squad list.

Some players also have their position data available. So have added those too.

players2.png

You might need more than four positions for the modern game we play!

Please read the other post about line ups. Take note of the position, posx and posy information. This allows for a 5x5 grid reference for lineups. There is a slight issue with the grid reference being reversed and the wrong co-ors when having 2 x cd's, but i have addressed that with the data provider.

The post your quoting is merely giving the player a main catergory. Which there are 4. Gk, Def, Mid, For.

This, for a team with complete info could be used to set out a basic squad list seperated into the main 4 catergories.

I have now added the data for match stats and tables.

Match Stats: (shots on/off target and total, fouls, corners, off-sides, possession, yellow cards, red cards, saves, throw ins will be available at some point I believe)

matchstats.png

Tables: (Shows overall w/d/l/f/a/along with home and away, also includes special league positions such as champions league places, recent form)

standings.png

Well thats a bugger, just noticed the match stats are storing them all as "home", supposed to be both home and away. Time to go look at the code :P 

edit: nevermind, had already fixed that in the code, it just hadn't updated the already stored data.

We are now storing the following data:

Head 2 Heads - For games that are being played within the next 7 days, we are grabbing the head 2 head information for those teams. The site we use is fairly new so only data from the 15/16 season and newer are used.

head2head.png

Videos - we are now storing information about match videos, such as goal events, and in some cases full highlights of the game. Not sure whether this will be added to the site when we build it, but as things stand, they could be. They are embed links from the likes of YouTube and other sources.

videos.png

Top-Scorer's - A list of the top 15 goalscorers for each league is also being grabbed.

topscorers.png

Some games come with the referee details. So we are now storing the list of referee's that have been included in those matches

referee.png