Welcome to Luton Town - Football262

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LakeCountyHatter

Courtesy of Outlaws Admin

105 posts in this topic

Here's some information to help people write their emails (or letters) in support of the Power Court and Newlands planning applications. This will be a "live" document so please look out for updates which will be in green. Feel free to forward this to anybody that will support the planning applications. 

Here are the links to the 2020Developments information 

2020 Developments 

Leaflet for supporters 


Send your email to developmentcontrol@luton.gov.uk 

Your email MUST mention both planning applications in the subject. Something like this > 

Subject :> Planning Applications 16/01400 Power Court and 16/01401 Newlands 

You don’t need to write a long letter detailing all the reasons you support the plans. Two or three bullet points or short sentences of support for each of the applications will be enough for the council to register your support. (But of course you can write longer letters if you so wish!) 

A typical letter/email may look like this 

Dear Sirs 

I would like to **add/register/inform you of my support for the Planning Applications 16/01400 Power Court and 16/01401 Newlands submitted by 2020 Developments. 

(**use either of these) 

16/01400 Power Court 
Reason 1 
Reason 2 
Reason 3 

16/01401 Newlands 
Reason 1 
Reason 2 
Reason 3 

Also tell them whether or not you live in Luton 

I am a resident and overall feel that these two planning applications will **benefit the town/improve the towns reputation/be a great addition to the town/other reason 

Or 

Although I am not a resident of the town I am a supporter of the football club and when Power Court is completed I will spend more time and money in the Town on match days. Also, the Newlands project will be a perfect for my family shopping. 

Name 
Address 


You MUST add your name and address or your support will not be registered. 

If you live outside Luton in a neighbouring constituency you should also forward it to your local MP and councillor (with a covering first paragraph) as they could possibly be opponents of the plans 

Please don't blindly cut and paste the information from here, try to use your own words. It will not help if emails can be seen to have come from a standard template that the sender has just added his name and address to. 

The council are expecting 6,000+ letters of support (approx number of ST holders). We, as supporters need to encourage family friends and workmates to send in letters of support. Remember, 




Here are some reasons for supporting the plans 

Power Court will release town centre land as an amenity for all the residents of Luton not just the football club 

The leisure facilities in the plans will enhance the town centre 

Luton Town FC is at the heart of the town's community and the new ventures at Newlands Park and Power Court will aid the clubs and towns continuous growth 
The opening up of the River Lee will create a place for people to relax and enjoy the town centre 

The creation of 10,000 jobs will help to invigorate the towns economy. 

The towns residents will be able to do all their shopping in Luton rather than travelling to other towns 

Power Court will release town centre land as an amenity for all the residents of Luton not just the football club 

Newlands will make an impressive gateway to our town visible by 100's of thousands as they travel up and down the M1 motorway 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LTFCnevertooold said:

Only 2000 have registered so far according to the council. So let's all do it

Absolutely, if we fail in getting this approval will you kick yourself for not writing in?. Your club needs your help now.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 2000 sent and 6000 season ticket holders?

Levels of literacy in Luton a tad worrying!?

Lots of ST holders happy to watch football in an antiquated stadium? We all love the Kenny but come on guys!

I sent my email all the way from Dubai. Let's get your friends and family on it too. I have!

COYH

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had an auto response acknowledging receipt of comments but also stating that it take up to 4 weeks(?) to display all comments. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8 September 2016 at 0:35 PM, LTFCnevertooold said:

Only 2000 have registered so far according to the council. So let's all do it

Apathy has been my biggest fear of the Council turning down our applications. We took 40,000 more to Wembley in 2009, than those who have registered to date.

We have less than two weeks to significantly add to these 2,000. PLEASE send in your support.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lutonloyal said:

Apathy has been my biggest fear of the Council turning down our applications. We took 40,000 more to Wembley in 2009, than those who have registered to date.

We have less than two weeks to significantly add to these 2,000. PLEASE send in your support.

So very true, unfortunately. Why are fans not giving ten minutes of their life to support the biggest thing to happen to LTFC in their lifetimes?

Please reply here if you have done it. (Not referring to you Alan)

Edited by LakeCountyHatter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LakeCountyHatter said:

So very true, unfortunately. Why are fans not giving ten minutes of their life to support the biggest thing to happen to LTFC in their lifetimes?

Please reply here if you have done it.

I most certainly have (registered and commented) I think LCH it's those who have not yet we need to be targeting.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lutonloyal said:

I most certainly have (registered and commented) I think LCH it's those who have not yet we need to be targeting.

It was those I was referring to Al.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LakeCountyHatter said:

So very true, unfortunately. Why are fans not giving ten minutes of their life to support the biggest thing to happen to LTFC in their lifetimes?

Please reply here if you have done it. (Not referring to you Alan)

Done.

Please do bear in mind that you can send multiple emails per household (as long as it is 1 per person). So you can also draft emails for your wife/husband/partner to send.

Children Under 18's comments won't be accepted (not sure that they will check ages against the electoral or not to be honest) but anyone over 18 is OK.

If you have any relatives or friends that might support the developments but might need a bit of a push, do feel free to draft an email for them to send. As long as they include their name and address it will be counted.

I think most of us are assuming the 2,000 emails received to date are virtually all in support - for all we know there could now be a few hundred against, so please, let's not be complacent.

If anyone asks you why it's important, the Local Plan cannot be altered unless there is support from the people of Luton for it to be altered (currently the local plan has the Stadium at J10).

It took me 5 minutes to write and send my email and every one really does count.

 

 

 

 

Edited by hatter28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed that nothing has been said about the opportunity for the council to redevelop Kennilworth Road, a huge site in a pretty run down part of Town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shatter2 said:

I have noticed that nothing has been said about the opportunity for the council to redevelop Kennilworth Road, a huge site in a pretty run down part of Town.

I don't think the club want to make a big deal of that - as it hasn't been decided what KR will be used for yet.

Apparently Gary Sweet said it's OK to mention that it will free up KR for redevelopment, but don't specify what type of development eg housing, as it might not end up being used for housing.

It's fine to mention the opportunity it gives the Council to redevelop KR, but I guess they are well aware of that anyway.

Also, some of the letters I've seen seem a bit War and Peace, I think a few bullet points are fine, bear in mind LBC are getting thousands of correspondences and on the whole are probably just scanning them to see whether they support or object - and then tallying the numbers for and against and making a summary of the main objections and points in favour.

So 2 or 3 bullet points at to why you are in favour of each site are probably fine and the Council don't need to know your life history, just whether you live in Luton, why you are supporting both developments, and your NAME and ADDRESS, plus the Subject Line:  Planning Applications 16/01400 Power Court and 16/01401 Newlands 

Sent to: developmentcontrol@luton.gov.uk 

And also forwarding a copy to your local MP and councillor where appropriate explaining why are you are copying them in to the correspondence - but the main thing is to make sure you have emailed the development control address above.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shatter2 said:

I have noticed that nothing has been said about the opportunity for the council to redevelop Kennilworth Road, a huge site in a pretty run down part of Town.

Tis a good point shatter but guess not relevant to the two planning applications.

KR site probably too narrow for that F1 track that was muted a few years back for the town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hatter28 said:

I don't think the club want to make a big deal of that - as it hasn't been decided what KR will be used for yet.

Apparently Gary Sweet said it's OK to mention that it will free up KR for redevelopment, but don't specify what type of development eg housing, as it might not end up being used for housing.

It's fine to mention the opportunity it gives the Council to redevelop KR, but I guess they are well aware of that anyway.

Also, some of the letters I've seen seem a bit War and Peace, I think a few bullet points are fine, bear in mind LBC are getting thousands of correspondences and on the whole are probably just scanning them to see whether they support or object - and then tallying the numbers for and against and making a summary of the main objections and points in favour.

So 2 or 3 bullet points at to why you are in favour of each site are probably fine and the Council don't need to know your life history, just whether you live in Luton, why you are supporting both developments, and your NAME and ADDRESS, plus the Subject Line:  Planning Applications 16/01400 Power Court and 16/01401 Newlands 

Sent to: developmentcontrol@luton.gov.uk 

And also forwarding a copy to your local MP and councillor where appropriate explaining why are you are copying them in to the correspondence - but the main thing is to make sure you have emailed the development control address above.

Fair point I see what you mean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was badgering everyone who sits near me today, but according to a bloke a couple of seats along, there's no point emailing because it won't make any difference and it's all been decided already.....   FCOL!  >:(

There were a few others I suspected were only nodding to shut me up....

I've been closely following the progress of AFC Wimbledon's planning application; having been approved by the Merton Council with considerable local support, then called in by the then Mayor of London and returned to Merton's decision-making by the current Mayor, now the neighbouring council (Wandsworth) are petitioning the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government to call it in to be examined by central government.

My point being that even if you believe Luton Council already know their own mind (and I don't know that we do know that) you never know what obstacles are waiting down the line. The more overwhelming support for our schemes that can be demonstrated at every turn, the better.

Get writing!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hatterinSW19 said:

So I was badgering everyone who sits near me today, but according to a bloke a couple of seats along, there's no point emailing because it won't make any difference and it's all been decided already.....   FCOL!  >:(

There were a few others I suspected were only nodding to shut me up....

I've been closely following the progress of AFC Wimbledon's planning application; having been approved by the Merton Council with considerable local support, then called in by the then Mayor of London and returned to Merton's decision-making by the current Mayor, now the neighbouring council (Wandsworth) are petitioning the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government to call it in to be examined by central government.

My point being that even if you believe Luton Council already know their own mind (and I don't know that we do know that) you never know what obstacles are waiting down the line. The more overwhelming support for our schemes that can be demonstrated at every turn, the better.

Get writing!

Everyone, please take note.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see Brian Thompson, Secretary of Luton Town Supporters Trust, in the Lansdowne yesterday, canvassing support and distributing leaflets for the Power Court/Newlands development. Take 10 minutes of your life writing or emailing your support, for what is the defining moment in the history of our Great Club!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget emails from overseas Hatters are also welcome - as long as you include your address in the email, same as everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was worth sharing, as it's from our 262-sponsored player. :)  Not sure how to make it smaller, so I'm afraid you're stuck with it being absolutely massive!

 

CsaHaZqWIAArWfk.jpg

Edited by hatterinSW19
6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

About Us

Football262 (previously Sports262) was started after the BBC closed down their 606 sports forum. It was created to provide those who used that site a new place to discuss their favourite teams.

Donations

For those who would like to donate to the running costs of the forums