1. To sell- Potts, O'Donnell, Gray, Cook, Rea
Note: Promotion is unlikely so Mcgeehan and Ruddock with probably go
Note- don't re-sign Macey and Moore
2. Sign: Palmer
3. Sign: Experienced commanding goalkeeper who's "been there done that" for greater command of area.
4. Sign: Holding midfielder general who is strong, can win headers and tackles, but also dictate play from deep i.e Doyle
5. Sign: Another "Cuthbert" style Centre back to help deal with set pieces and crosses and long ball
6. Sign: Ball winning midfielder who will run all day long like Smudger, as smudger is only player in squad like that.
7. Sign: Pacey winger to allow greater flexibility with formation as diamond is too predictable.
8. Note: don't sign non energy players like Gray who have no clear role. To persist with diamond every midfield signing apart from defensive midfield must have pace and energy to press hard.
Anyone got anything that should be added? I will try and update this to become the general "262ers" consensus on summer activity.
Loyal, for sometime now I've had this feeling that it's our back room staff where all our troubles lie.
NJ is a rookie, I like his (ignoring the boring chest beating that so many do these days but actually means sweet FA) passion and as I sit right behind him I watch him kick and head every single ball - no one else on that bench appears remotely bothered - I know PH is his mate but for his Nathans own development (IMO) he needs to give this journeyman his P45 and bring in someone that has shares his undoubted passion and enthusiasm.